top of page

Non-Immigrant Visas

Victims of Crime (U-Visa)

What is a U visa?

The “U” nonimmigrant status (U visa) is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and have been, are or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. 

Student Visa (F-Visa)

F-1 visas are available for applicants intending to be full-time students at a U.S. academic institution or language-training program.  The academic institution (college, high school, elementary school or language training program) has to be approved by the U.S. Attorney General.  USCIS can grant approved academic institutions or language training programs the authority to issue certificates of eligibility (Form I-20AB or I-20MN) to foreign students.

Visitor Visa (B-Visa)

B-1 visas are for people who are entering the U.S. to engage in short-term business activities, and not to seek permanent employment.


B-2 visas are for people who are entering the U.S. for pleasure, tourism, foreign students entering the United States to visit prospective schools and individuals seeking medical treatment.   

bottom of page