top of page

I-601 (Unlawful Presence) Waivers

Foreign nationals who are not eligible to adjust their status in the United States must travel abroad and obtain an immigrant visa.  Individuals who have accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence while in the United States must obtain a waiver of inadmissibility to overcome the unlawful presence bars under section 212(a)(9)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act before they can return.  Typically, these foreign nationals cannot apply for a waiver until after they have appeared for their immigrant visa interview abroad, and a Department of State (DOS) consular officer has determined that they are inadmissible to the United States.

The provisional unlawful presence waiver process allows immediate relatives who only need a waiver of inadmissibility for unlawful presence to apply for that waiver in the United States before they depart for their immigrant visa interview.


Our team has years of experience in writing successful I-601 packages and can write a professional I-601 Waiver package at the client’s request.   

bottom of page